2024-08-26

Star Frontiers Miniatures Revisited

Hey, it's been quiet around here lately... too quiet. Maybe we can get some new D&D material up soon.

In the meantime, hopefully you've had a chance to catch some of Dan's Olde Time Minis Show over on the Wandering DMs YouTube channel? For Season 1 I dug into collecting & duplicating the 1980's Star Frontiers PC miniatures, which I'd never had a chance to do before -- partly inspired by the classic Star Frontiers Volturnus campaign that I'm currently running for new players. We're having a blast! 

Of course, I'm building up my collection by making rubber molds by hand and casting new miniatures with lead-based miniature metal in my kitchen on the livestream. There have been a few exciting moments, to be sure. Here's the first episode:


And ultimately here's the entire lot of what we produced and painted over that first season:

For more Star Frontiers miniature production, you can look into the distant past on this blog where I started out manufacturing a sizable fleet of the Knights Hawks spaceship miniatures. Just don't let your Dralasites lick them!

2 comments:

  1. Its got everything you want, Finger burning, ladle melting, molten metal spilling action!

    ReplyDelete