I've been using it for a few weeks now to make my own dungeon maps, and I'm finding that it greatly speeds up my ability to jot down ideas, experiment, erase, and play around with the layout. (Also thanks to Al-Krelaan's excellent HexMapper for some inspiration.)
Now, this is Version 1.0, and frankly it's doing everything I need it to at the moment to increase my productivity (and generally make the job more fun), but conceivably it could take some feature expansions in the future. Here's some initial ideas, and I'll let you tell me which ones sound most appealing:
- A free-floating toolbar in its own, separate window.
- Objects such as statues, trapdoors, water, etc.
- Loading custom icons for the various features.
- Automated random generation of corridors, rooms, etc.
- Possibly better error-handling code throughout.
Have at it and tell me what you think!